Since last time I spent a little bit telling you about my morning routine, I figured for this blog I’d tell you a little bit about how I finish my day!
A little disclaimer first. I’m a total skincare junkie, and I love to try new things, so these steps definitely aren’t going to be the same or as numerous for everybody. I just wanted to give you an idea of how I get unready. With that said, here we go!
- Bath: I love to start my nightly routine with a bath every now and then. I mix up some Epsom salt and a few drops of lavender essential oil, and then just let it all soak in. It’s super detoxifying, and the magnesium in the Epsomsalts makes you sleepy!
- Hydrate: My skin always feels a little dried out after a long bath, so I make sure to use a heavy lotion to rehydrate my skin, I’m personally a fan of Andalou’s 1000 Roses Body Lotion, for the scent and for how soft my skin feels after I use it.
- Cleanse: After my basic body care I get around to the start of my— rather long— skincare routine. I’m not a huge fan of stripping cleansers, so I use a cream one to wash my face and take most of my makeup off (Andalou’s Creamy Cleanser has an incredible citrusy scent, and it helps brighten!).
- Remove Makeup: We all know just a cleanser isn’t enough to do away with stubborn eye makeup, so I go in with something a little more heavy duty. Neutrogena’s Extra Gentle eye-makeup remover pads are an absolute lifesaver, and will get all of your makeup leftovers without stinging your eyes at all.
- Mask: About two times a week I use C & Co’s Chamomile & Oats Clay Facial Mask to help decongest and balance my skin after any pollution I’ve picked up over time. I love that it’s not drying but still gets the gunk out!
- Tone: I keep to the same product line for my cleanser, toner, and basic moisturizer, so after my mask I spray on Andalou’s Illuminating Toner. I never actually used to use a toner, but my middle son absolutely insists on it, and, since I started as well, my skin has been so much less oily and more balanced.
- Treatment: This is where things get a little funky. My newest obsession has been with the Kansa Wand and its accompanying oil by iYURA. Kansa wands are a traditional Ayurvedic form of skin care, and more than just relaxing the mind and body, using this wand has significantly increased my skin’s natural glow. I will definitely keep this one in my routine for years to come!
- Serum: After my treatment, I add on some of Andalou’s Enlighten Serum. It’s great for tightening pores and for brightening dull skin. Nothing complicated with that.
- Moisturize: I promise, we’re almost there! After my serum I go in with Andalou’s Luminous Night Cream. I actually use this one day and night as a basic hydration step and because the vitamin c in it, especially when combined with my toner and cleanser, help brighten my skin!
- Eye Cream: My very last step is Dr. Perricone’s High-Potency Eye Lift Cream. I’ve been using this one for years and its one of my holy grail products. I swear by this, and can report that my under eye bags were steadily and significantly reduced after I started using it.
Phew! I know, it’s kind of a lot, but I love taking the time to take care of myself. I always think of it like this: taking care of my outsides always makes me feel well on the inside, so it helps my skin and it helps my mind. Anyways, I won’t drag this on any longer, so, with all that accomplished, all that’s left to do in my night to throw on my sleep mask, spritz my crystal sleep spray on the pillow, and get some damn sleep!
Thanks for reading, talk to you soon!