How well have you been sleeping this year? According to The National Sleep Foundation, adults 18-65 should be getting seven to nine hours of sleep per night. I know that's not always easy, so we at SleepSwag have come up with some great tips that we would like to share! We're on a mission to help our community get a better night's sleep, which is why, in honor of Sleep Awareness Week, from March 8-14th, we will be offering a 20% sale on all our products! Use code SWEETDREAMS.
- Put your phone on Do Not Disturb before bed. You can always set it to only accept calls from certain people (mine is always set to accept family only).
- Use our crystal-infused sleep mist and spray over your head and pillow before bed. Our mist contains lavender, cedarwood, and ylang ylang essential oils, all known for their calming and sedative properties. Also, the crystals inside are sonically tuned to enhance sleep and rest too!
- No TV in the bedroom! Not only does television in bed keep us up later, but studies indicate watching television before bed actually disrupts sleep cycles.
- Sound machines are the best. I've used one forever. They block out any background noise and are especially good for light sleepers, or when you're traveling. Brown noise is my personal fav!
- Make sure and invest in a good mattress: we spend at least half of our lives in bed! I've had a Savvy mattress for years and love it. It's made with organic cotton, wool batting, and natural latex. No synthetic or chemically treated materials, which produce harmful chemical off-gassing.
- Keep a sleep-inducing plant by your bed. They can boost your mood and make the air cleaner. Golden Pothos is a great choice, and the one I have next to my own.
- Wear a SleepSwag silk sleep mask! Scientific studies show again and again that any light at night can affect your sleep! When I put on my sleep mask it's lights out baby immediately. 😎
Hope our sleep tips get you a better night's rest. Thanks for reading!
Wishing you sweet dreams,